Applicants seeking admission to the JHSPH-IIHMR MPH program should go through a prescreening process for prior approval from IIHMR University before applying for the program at SOPHAS. Applicants who wish to apply for MPH program should follow the steps given below:
STEP 1: Candidate kindly send the completely filled pre-screening questionnaire by clicking https://applications.iihmr.edu.in/ along with an updated CV/resume on or before June 07, 2021 for pre-approval.
STEP 2: The applicant will receive a confirmation mail from IIHMR-U after the receipt of the documents in STEP-1. If the student found eligible then a pre-approval email for the application will be sent to the candidate by the IIHMR University, followed by another email from JHSPH with an invitation to complete the online MPH application through SOPHAS (Schools of Public Health Application Service) on the weblink http://sophas.org/program-finder/. In order to be considered for admission, the candidate has to submit the completed application (fully submitted application along with the application fee of US $ 135) by July 01, 2021.
Application requirements at SOPHAS:
In order for your application to be reviewed, you must submit the following:
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume (*To be uploaded with application).
- 2 Page Personal Statement (*To be uploaded with application). (*To be uploaded with application). SOP should contain the strength, leadership ability, team work, voluntary services, achievements, purpose for choosing the Public Health for adding weightage to your application.
- 3 Letters of Recommendation – Electronically through SOPHAS.
- SOPHAS cannot receive official letters through the postal service.
- Official TOEFL Scores – send to SOPHAS in Massachusetts use code 5688.
Due to the cancellation of TOEFL and IELTS tests in various locations, the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health has identified an alternative English proficiency assessment called the “J-Check test,” for the candidates who are not able to attempt test of language though the credentials of 3 years are considered which can be taken anywhere you have access to a PC desktop or laptop computer with an internet connection, webcam, and microphone. The test is open online 24*7.
- Official GRE Scores – send to JHSPH at SOPHAS 3738 /or GMAT Scores should be sent to KGB-3R-06.
- Official Credential Evaluation of all Foreign Transcripts (all colleges/universities outside of the U.S. that you have attended) should be sent through World Education Services or WES. The CAS provider you should choose is SOPHAS.
Due to COVID-19 Pandemic Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health (JHSPH) will accept any NACES approved agency course-by-course evaluation with copies of the academic records and transcripts. The course by course evaluations allow applicant reviewers to properly understand your academic success and original transcripts confirm authenticity of the applicant's degree. Therefore, JHSPH will continue to require credential evaluations review course-by-course and include academic records and transcripts in the completed evaluation. All credential evaluations need to be sent electronically to JHSPH office at email@example.com as their physical office location is closed.
Educational Perspectives and FIS remain open and are recommended agencies. Admissions Services will accept evaluations from other credentialing agencies with prior approval from JHSPH office.
- In order to expedite the review of your application, please send unofficial copies of ALL university transcripts to JHSPH directly.
- Please visit the JHSPH Website for more information.